English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

Weed
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:53 am

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by Weed » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:16 am

Thank you all for your wishes. Yes it is an interesting experience chasing down the CX parts. I have been in contact with Bob but unfortunately he works on a different time scale to the rest of us. :D
I have seen the Airtech site & it is handy to know but the body work I have is ok & I am mainly looking for cycle parts.
thanks for your suggestions

ir_joep
Angstbremser
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:12 pm

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by ir_joep » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:29 pm

Hi,

My name is Joep and I live in Haarlem in the Netherlands. This weekend I bought an Saturno 500 from 1988. I’m super happy, but before I will ride it. I will do some checks and maintenance.

Looking forward learn all what you know about these bikes

Cheers Joep

User avatar
Joachim
Gileristi
Posts: 11669
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:10 pm
Location: Zweibrücken bzw. Landau/Pfalz
Contact:

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by Joachim » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:58 pm

check the timing belt, better replace it :)
You will need a flywheel puller which is available from Buzzetti

Buzzetti M35X1,5 ROTAX
Artikel Nr.: BZ5340

If your engine ist the original 500ccm one and not a 600ccm :)
If you need a guide....

ciao Joachim
Image

Whiterabbit
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:49 pm

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by Whiterabbit » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:43 pm

hi new to gilera bikes just got this 250 need help with model and where I could locate the vin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Joachim
Gileristi
Posts: 11669
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:10 pm
Location: Zweibrücken bzw. Landau/Pfalz
Contact:

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by Joachim » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:18 pm

shure this has 250ccm?
Im not used to this 60s Gileras.
But for me it looks smaller ;)

The VIN usually is located somewhere on the steering head
Mabe you will have to remove the fuel tank to find it

ciao Joachim
Image

Angeloderzweite
Heizer
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:46 am

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by Angeloderzweite » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:53 pm

Hello, this model with the speedometer and tachometer looks like a 124 5v
Yours Dieter

FowenB
Angstbremser
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2024 3:18 pm

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by FowenB » Sun Dec 01, 2024 4:18 pm

Thank you for the welcome! I recently learned that I like Gileras. The reason is that I found an original one-owner 1965 202 Super in Utah. It was apparently set up by the Factory, or by the Dealer, with a high handlebar, high exhaust, and light fenders. I don't think I need any parts, and I am ready to start the engine, after freeing the piston and installing new piston rings. I'd be happy to post a picture if that is acceptable.

User avatar
Joachim
Gileristi
Posts: 11669
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:10 pm
Location: Zweibrücken bzw. Landau/Pfalz
Contact:

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by Joachim » Sun Dec 01, 2024 5:18 pm

Hello and welcome

its always nice to see some Gilera pics :)

ciao Joachim
Image

Bruno72
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:42 pm

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by Bruno72 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:58 am

Hello, and thank you for existing. I am in England and Gilera resources, are very scarce. More importantly, Gileristi are too rare on this side of the water :D

User avatar
Joachim
Gileristi
Posts: 11669
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:10 pm
Location: Zweibrücken bzw. Landau/Pfalz
Contact:

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by Joachim » Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:49 pm

hello and welcome

there are lots of Gilera son your side of the water.
You have uncle Bob as source for Gilera parts

http://www.bobwrightmotorcycles.co.uk/

More than we have here around ;)

Beside this you had Pete Fishers GeN
Unfortunatelly he gave up the mailing list and the website :cry:
Looks like internet forums are way to oldschool and will die
Everyone ist now using the so called social media

If you need data or your Gilera the registro storico in Arcore is a good source

https://www.registrostoricogilera.org/

You will also find some workshop manuals in the net
Good luck and happy wrenching ;)

ciao Joachim
Image

Bruno72
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:42 pm

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by Bruno72 » Wed Oct 07, 2026 12:23 pm

Thank you so much!
Incredibly useful info. I shall peruse immediately *danke*

Post Reply