Wanted - 202 bayonet fuel filler cap

Gesuche (Gesuche ohne Antwort werden nach 6 Monaten gelöscht)
Parts wanted (Topics without activity will be deleted after 6 months)

Moderator: Joachim

lambs
Kurvenwetzer

Wanted - 202 bayonet fuel filler cap

Post by lambs » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:37 am

The fuel tank I have for the 202 didn't come with a fuel cap, so I need to track one down. It's a bayonet type but seems to be an odd size and I haven't been able to find anything so far with the right dimensions. I've attached an image, which shows the filler neck dimensions so hopefully someone knows a source (nozem ?). I've sent an enquiry to Bob Wright, but no response yet.

The parts list I have shows that early models (1964 or so) of the 202 had a flip up fuel cap and I've found a few of those available in Italy. If necessary, I'll modify the tank I have to accept a flip up type, but would prefer to get a bayonet type if available.

TIA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lambs
Kurvenwetzer

Re: Wanted - 202 bayonet fuel filler cap

Post by lambs » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:41 am

Actually Nozem's restored 202 shows a bayonet fuel cap. Hopefully mine will look like this one day :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joachim
Gileristi

Post by Joachim » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:46 am

did you only search for an original Gilera part?
Maybe you will find something fitting in the range of other oldtimers, traktors, boats, garden machinery....

good luck, Joachim

lambs
Kurvenwetzer

Post by lambs » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:41 am

Joachim wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:46 am
did you only search for an original Gilera part?
Maybe you will find something fitting in the range of other oldtimers, traktors, boats, garden machinery....

good luck, Joachim
Thanks for the reply, Joachim. Yes I've done extensive searching. There's a 50's era volkswagen fuel cap that comes close, but the spring steel bayonet is too short. I'll keep searching, or perhaps Bob might get back with good news, but if worst comes to worst I still have the flip-up cap option, which I actually think looks better anyway. Here's an early 202 tank with a flip up cap....