Gilera 202 tank decals (new production)

Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

lambs
Fussrasten-hoeher-Leger

Gilera 202 tank decals (new production)

Post by lambs » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:49 am

I haven't posted here for quite awhile, but still keep an eye on happenings :-)

My 202 will hopefully be painted this year and finally running by the end of the year......with any luck.

This will be a very limited market, but for those that might be interested I've been working with a UK company to develop a 1 piece tank decal - much simpler to apply than the original 3+ piece design. It's taken about 2 years of back and forth to get to the final design, which is available here:

https://classictransfers.co.uk/product/ ... 80mm-pair/

Adam at Classic Transfers was kind enough to take this on....and had the patience as well. COVID didn't help.

The decals are more-or-less a direct copy of the decals on an original tank (well, what remained of them) that I tracked down in Italy (see attached photo). Certainly, dimension wise they are as close as we could get
202 transfers - 1.jpg
....however as I said, this will be limited market, but hopefully helps someone.

Just to be clear - I have no relationship with Classic Transfers other than what was required to get these decals designed. They were just willing to help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joachim
Gileristi

Re: Gilera 202 tank decals (new production)

Post by Joachim » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:08 pm

*danke*

ciao Joachim