Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

mikewallis
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Gilera Saturno Radiator Cap

Post by mikewallis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:56 am

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of an alternative radiator cap that will fit a 1988 Saturno 350.

The outer rubber seal on mine has perished. Replacing the rubber seal also looks possible if anyone has any sourcing suggestions.

Mike

garagien
Gileristi

Re: Gilera Saturno Radiator Cap

Post by garagien » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Moin,
very easy. The filler cap is a kind of standard filler cap. Used from 50 cc up to ??? Look to internet. Companies doing radiators will have a suitable cap. There are two different Saturno caps. With one rubber sealing (the little one in the middle) and two rubber seals for internal and external seal. Both you can use. Take care about the opening pressure engraved on the cap, 1,2 means opening pressure of 1,2 bar (I do not yet know the correct Saturno digits, look to your cap). Do not use caps with higher values, could damage parts in the cooling system. Have a look to the Aprilia caps as per link:
https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts ... oduct=5625
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine- ... 2432616058
If you need only the bigger rubber seal you can try a piece of a bicyle tube. The rubber is very thin and fits perfect. We did that for several times. No joke.
Good luck
HP
Below as example, cap 1 with two rubber seals and cap 2 with rubber seal and mechanical seal.
kuehlerdeckel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mikewallis
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Re: Gilera Saturno Radiator Cap

Post by mikewallis » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:48 am

Thanks, I'll order a new one.

In the mean time I've fitted an external seal rubber from another cap I found. The internal rubber is still good so I'll see how it goes for the moment.

Mike