Saturno Owners in Australia

Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

garagien
Gileristi

Re: Saturno Owners in Australia

Postby garagien » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:53 am

as mentioned by Joachim there are two independent temperature systems. If your ventilator starts with ignition off you have to check with your electrical wiring diagram. Battery + is connected via main ignition switch to temperature switch at radiator. Opens at certain temperature and allows power to the ventilator (I think blue cable). At ventilator black cable must be to frame earth. Try to change the two cables at switch for better result, just a try. I understood that you dismantled the thermostat for better cooling result. To check see my video in youtube, but you have to learn German, sorry giggle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmb119qBtsE
Even in Germany we have some kind of livestyle prevention called GELD VERDIENEN.
So good luck, sometimes it´s a long way to happyness.
HP

Leow
Nordie-Warmfahrer

Postby Leow » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:46 am

HP, I just about wet myself laughing, just what you need when messing with motorcycles. Thank you very much for the day electrical background. I'm not very good electrically, so thank you. I used to employ a young German girl and when I mentioned learning German she just laughed! And said my English wasn't all that good anyhow. Or, happiness is very elusive, especially with motorcycles. Thanks Leo

garagien
Gileristi

Postby garagien » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:55 am

hi, hi, hi,
greetings to the German girl *danke*
so now we can switch over to German language replying to you. Much more easier for us. giggle
Grüße
HP

Leow
Nordie-Warmfahrer

Postby Leow » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:23 am

Hello, you 'r dreaming! Me translate anything into anything but bad English (Australian) is just not going to happen. By the way, the German girl DOES NOT live with me! So I do not have a live-in German translation service! with benefits. She used to own a Ducati (white) but she sold it and now has a Yamaha. I will get her to interpret the video, but she lives about 70 K away.

Leow
Nordie-Warmfahrer

Postby Leow » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:25 am

GruBe, Could you please email me a Internet address of your YouTube video. Thanks Leo

Joachim
Gileristi

Postby Joachim » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRLVuDUZvJU

that's part 3. Looks like the other parts are not there any more :?

You can find some pics at

http://nordwest.rapidmouse.com/

It's french ;)
Click on 'Mecanique'
On the right side you can see the water pump... click

ciao Joachim

Leow
Nordie-Warmfahrer

Postby Leow » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:10 am

Joachim, I read a post you did Tuesday, November 19, 2013 concerning the overhaul kit that you recommended Evan to buy to repair the water pump. I'm presuming that the 1990 model has same water pump as the 1988 model. If so would the parts numbers you recommended to him do the job in repairing my 1988/500/IOM/Saturno.? I can get the SKF bearing parts numbers off the video that HP did and I presume these are right for the 88 model, but the seals parts numbers from Burgmann are little bit confusing. Could you please give me a list of the seals required from them. Both these companies seem to have outlets here in Australia, so I will phone them tomorrow AM and see what sort of a response I get. Regards Leo

garagien
Gileristi

Postby garagien » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:38 am

https://www.gilera-club.com/forum/viewt ... f=3&t=2766

have an additional look to the link above.
HP

Leow
Nordie-Warmfahrer

Postby Leow » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:19 am

Dear HP, thank you very much for the link. Advise me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like my best option would be to send my water pump to the guy in France and have him fix it. Please tell me if I'm wrong, and if you think it is the best way of going about it. could you please send me their postal address and email address, and a name to correspond with. Regards Leo

Joachim
Gileristi

Postby Joachim » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:42 am

Leow wrote:but it sounds like my best option would be to send my water pump to the guy in France and have him fix it.

depends on your skills ;)
The little problem is, you have to open the pump to see whats wrong.
Maybe only the bearings have gone and the sealings are still ok.
Maybe then you would like to change the sealing anyway. Just to be save.
Maybe the shaft is rusted and worn out. So you will have to get a new one made.
Maybe the impeller.....

The price mentioned from the guy from the french forum is for just replacing the bearings and the sealings.
They will also see what else will be necessary when the pump is open.

So it's your choice ;)

Unfortunately i have no sealings left.
I will try to order new ones, sometime....

The pumps from small and big Gilera engines are different, but bearings and sealing are the same.
In the above mentioned article i wrote the Burgmann numbers
Sorry, i did not know the english translation for the parts ;)
But i think having only the numbers is ok for the Burgmann employee

gleitring bt-pr/ar 12 (bpff)
art.044 196 000

gegenring bt-pf/c 26x12x5,5 (xp)
art.053 945 000

Take care to get C3 roller bearings due to the higher temperature in the pump.

ciao Joachim

Leow
Nordie-Warmfahrer

Postby Leow » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:51 am

Joachim, Thanks for all the info, i'll try and figre it out from this end.The problem with sending the pump even by courier to France is fraught with danger.--lost stolen etc.regards leo

garagien
Gileristi

Postby garagien » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:11 pm

http://www.pemopa.com/cms/index.php/sho ... -club.html

ask Pete if he is able to help you. He is quite busy but perhaps you will get a chance. Pumps for 350/500 are same, 560 have bigger impeller, so will not fit to the Saturno cylinder.
Regards
HP

Leow
Nordie-Warmfahrer

Postby Leow » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:15 pm

HP, thanks for the info, I get on the telephone this morning and make enquiries to see if I can get bearings and seals in Australia. And then, take Joachim's advice and dismantle the pump and see what parts need replacing. And replace the lot if I can get new parts available here. I am not going to try and dismantle the pump myself (because I have never done anything like that and I don't have sufficient tools to do it properly) so I will take it to a motorcycle shop who I know has an older mechanic working there, and ask him to do it. HP, are you French or German? Because in one of my post replies I addressed you as GruBe, and I now suspect that it is not your name? Regards Leo

garagien
Gileristi

Postby garagien » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:50 am

Dear Leo,

You are in the German “section” of Gileraclub. Here in Europe the Italians, the French, the Swiss, the British (sorry for Brexit) and a little bit the Scandinavians (for 50 cc) are doing separate. More or less there are no direct connections between. We look to each others forum but the language (based mainly what we learned at school) is the main hindrance to have direct contact. We Germans mainly are able to communicate in English, but French or Italian are more strange to understand.

Regards (= Grüße = German)
HP

Leow
Nordie-Warmfahrer

Postby Leow » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:44 am

HP, yes I looked at your YouTube video on the thermostats and I did put the video to work and my my thermostat works okay. Thank you. I cannot get an English translation of the http://nordwest.rapidmouse.com/ video, which would be great in helping me understand how to put it all back together. Google etc haven't learned French/English translation yet. That's the Americans for you! Regards Leo

Return to “gileraclub.de-Classic english, french, italian language”