help to id a gilera

Das Forum für Oldtimer
Bulletin Board for vintage bikes

Moderator: Joachim

mikevand
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

help to id a gilera

Post by mikevand » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:37 pm

I have recently bought a gilera which has been standing since 1974. I need help to identify it. All that is on the frame / motor is 2012058. I stay in south africa. If possible the model, the year made and engine size. It runs as fast as my bsa starfire 250, has 4 gears , the kickstart on the left hand side, chain on the right. It is red in colour. The airfilter is inside the left hand cover. Thanks Mike.

Samuel
Gileristi

Post by Samuel » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:47 pm

Hi Mike

Do you have a picture of your bike?
If yes send it to me and I'll place it on my webserver. So it would be easier for our members to identify it.
And: Where do you come from SA? I have a very close friend of mine in Capetown. To help with parts he could play the relay as he is Swiss as I am and he could translate stuff as well as I could send him parts.

Take care and send me the picture.

Kind regards

Sam

Samuel
Gileristi

Post by Samuel » Tue May 02, 2006 5:59 pm

Yeboo Mike and the boys

Due to some heavy server problems within the last 2 weeks I was not able to post the image of Mikes bike.
But: Here it is!
http://www.mischler.ch/images/mike_bike.jpg

I would say it's a Strada 125 or 150. What do you think?

Kind regards.

Sam

hahne
Gileristi

Post by hahne » Tue May 02, 2006 6:51 pm

I have got a Gilera 150 Strada, but small in time for exactely answers, I will answer you after 10th of May, so I start in short time to go to Italy, ... and have a lot to do!! :shock: Bye Gottfried .... have a little bits patience :wink:

pppdrive
Lachgastuner

Help to ID Gilera

Post by pppdrive » Fri May 19, 2006 7:46 am

I have a very incomplete list of chassis/frame numbers for Gilera and "201" chassis/frame numbers are listed as the 175 Super.
Hope that helps,
Paul
I Gotta Gilera Owners Club of Britain
www.igottagilera.co.uk