Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

gileramad
Site Admin

English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by gileramad » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:46 pm

Dear english speaking Gileristi,

beside the fact that we always welcome Gileristi from outside the german speaking countries - there seemed to be an invisible barrier and because of the fact that most discussions on our boards are in german the people hesitated to write something in english or their mother tongue.
Our logs show that many visitors use altavistas babelfish to translate this board. Don´t hesitate - share your experience or problems with other Gileristi. If you see an interesting topic in the german board and you don´t speak german thats´s no problem either - write in english or whatever language you like - there will be someone who understands you.
And don´t forget - we all speak Gilera ;)

Yours
The Gileraclub Community

Joachim
Gileristi

Re: English speaking Gileristi are welcome!

Post by Joachim » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:15 pm

gileramad wrote: - we all speak Gilera ;)
agree :lol:
But keep it simple.. in whatever language you will speek :wink:

ciao Joachim

Marco Dallabrida
Fussrasten-hoeher-Leger

Post by Marco Dallabrida » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:46 pm

Thank fot this new!!!!!
I hope that a lot of people will use this opportunity!!! :D :D :D :D :D
RC 600 MIII CHEMOTOPOTENTE!!!! (HOW MUCH POWERFUL IS THIS BIKE?)

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:22 pm

English is more easy than german language for a little frenchies like me.
It's a good news :P

JaumeGS
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Post by JaumeGS » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:08 pm

Great idea

Thanks

ali 180sp
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Post by ali 180sp » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:01 pm

what about speaking in tukish :))) :wink:

Joachim
Gileristi

Post by Joachim » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:27 pm

If you will here find somebody who will speak to you in turkish... why not :lol:

ciao Joachim

mowgli
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Post by mowgli » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:43 am

hello to you, im very happy that there is a place to talk about these great bikes, i am an ignorant little englishman, does anybody know how many kk's were built or how many there are left? also if gottfried is reading this, thank you for your tolerance of me whilst ordering parts, thank you.

p.s how about a meeting in the north of france, i dont think my bike would make it to germany!!

hahne
Gileristi

Post by hahne » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:48 am

Hi Mowgli, parts are on the way!!! Bye Gottfried

nordieman
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

NORDWEST FROM PORTUGAL

Post by nordieman » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:22 pm

I´m proud to be the onwer of a Nordwest 600 from 1992 with 14000km´s!
It´s was a old dream since 1993 ,when i saw this funtastic bike for the first time!Only now got one totally original!
Ok it has a very,very loud speed exaust!!!!!!
:twisted:
And the usual problem with the flywheel but allready solved!!!
Any question that anibody may have please ask , and i will do the same!

Abraço para todos!
Portuguese Nordieman :D [/img]
THE BEST SUPERMOTARD
"NORDWEST 600"

Monty
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

First Post

Post by Monty » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:39 pm

Hi all, I just found this board today whilst searching for some parts-I blew the motor on my Saturno at a track day at Almeria in Spain. The waterpump seized, trashed the cambelt, timing slipped-result-4 bent valves-oh well.
I have 3 Gilera's, 2 Saturno's, and a 125 Runner. The Saturno's are a 1988 Nuova, and a 1952 Sport. I also have an ST4S Ducati and a 1992 TZ250 Yamaha.
I will try to post some pictures-of the Gilera's............ :wink:

Does anyone on here know Heim Racing? They seem to stock a lot of Gilera tuning parts and have a kit with bigger valves, different camshafts and I think a big bore cylinder for the Saturno for 825 Euro. Can anyone confirm for me if that is what the kit is, has anyone fitted one, and was it worth it??
Sorry to make with lots of questions in my first post, but this is the first Gilera message board I have found.

Regards to all

John

Joachim
Gileristi

Post by Joachim » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:05 am

Welcome....

Volker Heim is still in business.
You may have a look at www.heimracing.de
Another source for tuning Saturnos is Mauri at Switzerland www.bb-technology.ch
If you need new or used parts, but not complet kits you may aslo give Gottfried Hahne at www.hahne-power.de a chance

If you need help for translating ..... i think you will find it here at the forum.

Good luck, Joachim

BimotaRich
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Gilera Saturno TT 500 Wanted!

Post by BimotaRich » Thu May 24, 2007 12:42 am

:) I am very interested in Gilera motorcycles. They sound great, look wonderful, and are a size that is perfect for the twisty roads here in Japan. Any suggestions on which model to search for? Anything in particular I should be aware of before buying a Gilera?
Thank you!
BimotaRich
1200 Triumph Daytona
Fukuoka, Japan

Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

New Member From Turkey-Turkiye

Post by default » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:17 am

:arrow: New user from Turkey....I think I will be a Gilera user in a few days...the model is Gilera 125r (Hardenduro)...the problem is I don't really know this machine very well....and trying to learn somestuff in this forum....

>The problem was about the spare parts...because when I get this Motorcycle it will be waiting some repair from me....of course the topic that I opened in another page started to help me....about this problem

>I can't wait to get off-road with this machine

----------------------------

pppdrive
Lachgastuner

Gilera Saturno TT 500 Wanted!

Post by pppdrive » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:14 am

Hi BimotaRich,

For twisty roads in Japan (or anywhere else), you won't do better than the Saturno model 500 or 350cc.

I've got 2 and they are the best handling bike I've ever ridden and I'm coming up for 62 years of age shortly.

Our Gilera Owners Club (UK) does have a list of known problems for the Saturno (nothing too drastic, but better to be aware of possible problems, so they can be checked/fixed before being major disasters). If you can email me gilera@igottagilera.co.uk I will email you a copy (it is in pdf format). Our Club also has workshop manual in English available (re-typed and pictures digitally enhanced) for sale from our web site.

Our Club is also trying to make a complete list of every Saturno built 1988-1992 and as you are in Japan, may I ask for your assistance? I have tried numerous times to get a post in one (or all) of the various Saturno forums in Japan, but have had no success, so would it be possible for you to post the following (in Japanese if possible) on as many Saturno Forums as you can find in Japan;

The Gilera Owners Club of Britain is trying to make a list of all Saturno built 1988-1992 and ask if you could assist us by sending the following details of your Saturno by email to gilera@igottagilera.co.uk
1. Year built
2. Colour
3. Engine size
4. Engine number
5. Frame number
6. Town/City/Country where Saturno is
7. Used for road or race
8. Your name if you wish it to be shown on the completed list
Thank you for your help

If you are able to help us, it would be very much appreciated as the vast majority of Saturnos built were for the Japanese market and many are still there.

Regards,
Paul Tipler
I Gotta Gilera Owners Club of Britain