Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

jori
Kurvenwetzer

Rc 600 swinging arm

Post by jori » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:58 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know if RC600 and RC600R has same swinging arm?

Jori

Müller
Gileristi

Post by Müller » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:50 pm

Hello Jori,

I look it up in my original Gilera partscatalogue. RC600, RC600C and RC600R have all different part-numbers for the swinging arm (it is called:"big fork" in the catalogue). Also the Nordwest has a different number.
It means, every tipe I mentioned before has a different big fork - if you only take the mubers in the partscatalogue from Gilera!
:arrow: As an answer I would say, that you can't take another.

BUT I know, that www.heimracing.de, a German Gilera dealer, says in his online-catalogue, that the big fork of RC600 fits in the RC600R and the other way round!

Maybe someone has allready done it?

So another question comes up:
Do I remeber correctly, that some people have allready changed their big fork in the Nordwest and used a RC600C - big fork? That should not work, if you only take the partnumbers.

:arrow: If you need a big fork, for the Gilera RC600, urgently, I can offer you one, but it's my last :cry:
Rock on... *RCR

Joachim
Gileristi

Post by Joachim » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:43 pm

If it fits that dosn't mean that it is the same :lol:
Swingarm of the Nordie and the RC/C look quit the same. They are... nearly :lol: The front part and the chain tensioner end are the same. The connecting alloy tube is longer at the RC/C (if i remeber right about 20mm) Therefore it has another part number

ciao Joachim

jori
Kurvenwetzer

Post by jori » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:11 am

Ok, I was just thinking that if RC600R swinging arm is longer and will fit RC600 then it will be easier to put 18" rear rim. For 17" rim is not so easy to find good winter tyres. Look the link and see what I mean.

http://www.kisarengas.fi/talvihinnasto.html#enduro

Anyway, this week I should get my tyres and after that the FUN is beginning..

Jori

Felix Hasselbrink

Post by Felix Hasselbrink » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:23 pm

Hello Jori,

would it not give enough space to use a longer chain and to mount the rearwheel as far in the back as possible?

I was just in the garage and took a closer look to my RC 600 and the Northwest. (the two bikes which you have seen without engines) The total lengh of both bikes swingarms is identical with 61 cm. But the part between the both swingarms behind the shock is differnt. The RC gives the tire about 1,5 cm more space.

But I don't know if it will fit. Shall I send you some pics?

Greetings Felix
www.motalia.de