Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

ciancaro
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

A new Member

Post by ciancaro » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:42 am

Hi everybody

I replied to the invitation found on Gilera yahoogroups, which I just read since many time.
Well I'm not a Gilera owner actually, but I think I may join you all due to our same passion.......GILERA!

I'm engineer and I worked in Gilera R&D from 1986 up to 1996;

During this period I was Project Leader of following projects:

-SP 01
-SP 02
-Crono
-Saturno Piuma
-Bullit :oops:
from 88 to 90 I was responsible of Frame Design Dept. so among others I followed development of Nordwest and CX.

From 91 to 93 I joined the Racing Division

In 97 I decided to move to Y***ha, where still I'm working for European model development.

Well, this is my short story, and as maybe all of you could realise my heart is still DOUBLE CIRCLED, even if of course professionally I've a big respect of my actual Company.

Some time in the future I'll join your forum (sorry but my free time is very limited) and may be I could give some info to your FAQ on Gileras of that time, at least for that issues which my memory is still able to work with!!!!!!

Anyway just have a free talk on 80/90s Gileras will be great for me, because it will make me temporary younger..........and surely to discuss with guys which are loving things which I loved as first (my personal rule is that any project I'm working on I must love it, or it would be a failure!) will make me greatly satisfied.

Bye to everybody, and keep on loving double circle!!

Ciancamerla Romolo (But all my friend call me Cianca!)
CIANCA

Joachim
Gileristi

Post by Joachim » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:55 am

a warm welcome :lol:
Maybe now we can find an answer to all this unasked questions :wink:

ciao Joachim

ciancaro
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

A new mwmber

Post by ciancaro » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:56 pm

Thanks Joachim

I'm waiting your :?: :?: :?: ,and I'll try to reply.

Anyway Ifeel myself so :D :D to join this forum, which seems the best one on WWW; I already knew this site, but due to german language I never put attention on the Forum.

CIAO A TUTTI

CIANCA
CIANCA

Müller
Gileristi

Post by Müller » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:43 pm

Everybody knows, that I have to ask this question now:

What do you know about Gileras Rallye RC600's?

Yes, I read, that you worked on other projects - but you are the only one, who I know, who worked for Gilera at the "right" time :wink:

My project is www.rc600.de, which is currently updated - preview:
http://home.arcor.de/keichris/rctest/index.html
I allready discovered a few information about RC600'S taking part in Rallyes, but as a fanatic fan - I want to know it all...
Maybe you have some unknown pictures or even technical plans (about fueltanks, lights, breaks - what ever) :?:

I'm looking forward to your answer *thumb*
Last edited by Müller on Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock on... *RCR

Samuel
Gileristi

Post by Samuel » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:43 pm

Hi Ciancaro

I have one question: Some of the Gilera-Owners think that the carburator of the Yamaha 600 TT fits on the 560-engine of the Gileras (like Nordwest, RC etc.). Is this true?

C U

Sam

ciancaro
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Post by ciancaro » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:39 pm

Müller wrote:Everybody knows, that I have to ask this question now:

What do you know about Gileras Rallye RC600's?
I KNOW WELL BECAUSE FROM 1990 UP TO 1992 IN THE RACING DIVISION I MANAGED BOTH 250 GP AND AFRICAN RALLY

Yes, I read, that you worked on other projects - but you are the only one, who I know, who worked for Gilera at the "right" time :wink:

My project is www.rc600.de, which is currently updated - preview:
http://home.arcor.de/keichris/rctest/index.html

I VISITED YOU SITE AND IT'S FINE!!! DESPITE MY TOTAL WEAKNESS WITH GERMAN LANGUAGE I COULD APRECIATE THE STRUCTURE AND ALSO I FOUND PICTURES WHICH I DID NOT HAVE.......GREAT
I allready discovered a few information about RC600'S taking part in Rallyes, but as a fanatic fan - I want to know it all...
TO KNOW ALL IT MAY TAKE SOME MONTHS OF WRITING, BUT LITTLE BY LITTLE I'LL DO IT
Maybe you have some unknown pictures or even technical plans (about fueltanks, lights, breaks - what ever) :?:

OF COURSE I DO NOT HAVE AVAILABLE DWG (IF NOT ON MY MIND), BUT SOME PICTURE AND MANY NEWSPAPER I HAVE....AGAIN LITTLE BY LITTLE I MAY PARTICIPATE TO GROW YOUR SITE.....FACT IS I'VE TO SCAN ALL MATERIAL :shock: AND MY FREE TIME IS NORMALLY POOR AND ALSO MY WIFE IS COMPLAINING A LOT IF I CONTINUOUS TO TREAT WHAT SHE FEEL A JOB (IN MY CASE IS DIFFERENT!) DURING THE WEEK END :evil:

BY THE WAY: DO YOU ARE MORE INTERESTED ON FIRST RALLYE SERIES (THE ONE FROM 1987 TO 1989, MORE CLOSE IN ASPECT WITH PRODUCTION RC, OR THE SECOND SERIES, WITH MORE AERODYNAMIC SHAPED FAIRING?

I'm looking forward to your answer *thumb*
SEE YOU SOON
CIANCA

ciancaro
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Post by ciancaro » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:48 pm

Samuel wrote:Hi Ciancaro

I have one question: Some of the Gilera-Owners think that the carburator of the Yamaha 600 TT fits on the 560-engine of the Gileras (like Nordwest, RC etc.). Is this true?

C U

Sam

HI SAM

I CANNOT REPLY WITH TOTAL SAFETY TO YOUR QUESTION; I NEVER MAKE SUCH KIND OF COMPARISON.
ANYWAY I GUESS THERE SHOULD BE BIG POSSIBILITY ON IT, BECAUSE THE RC CARBS' MAKER WAS THE SAME AS XT/TT ONE (TK) AND ALSO THE CARB STRUCTURE WAS EXACTLY SAME (TWO BODY CARB, WITH ONE BODY OPERATED BY DEPRESSION VALVE).
WHAT I'M SURE IS THAT SETTING NEVER COULD BE SAME.....ALMOST SURE THAT JETS OR NEEDLES CANNOT BE EXACTLY SAME.....EVEN IF WE SEARCH FOR ALL XT/TT (MORE THAN 15 YEARS DIFFERENT VERSIONS!)

WITH SOME TIME I'LL TRY TO DO SUCH SEARCH (ACTUALLY I CAN WATCH EVERY Y***HA DRAWING AND CHECK FOR SPECS) AND IF WE MAY FIX SOME Y***HA PARTS NUMBER WHICH FITS TO GILERA... :D :D

MANY GILERISTI WOULD BE HAPPY...ISN'T IT

BYE

CIANCA
CIANCA

Samuel
Gileristi

Post by Samuel » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:15 pm

Haha, right, it is.
I would be even happier if I could use the injection-system of the actual XT-version on my Nordwests ... but let's try it with different carburators. Trials are cheaper that way.

Looking forward to read more of your work.

Sam

hahne
Gileristi

Post by hahne » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:19 pm

Hi Sam, carbs are the same. By Gottfried

Marco Dallabrida
Fussrasten-hoeher-Leger

Post by Marco Dallabrida » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:04 pm

Ciao Cianca!
I'm Marco Dallabrida, living in Trento (I speak to you in english so everybody can understand), I'm glad to find a member of the "intelligence" of old Gilera's staff.
I have 4 Gilera RC 600 that I love, but I've notoiced that you did not work on off road models, isn't it?
Ciao and congratulatons for your work!
RC 600 MIII CHEMOTOPOTENTE!!!! (HOW MUCH POWERFUL IS THIS BIKE?)

ciancaro
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Post by ciancaro » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:43 pm

Marco Dallabrida wrote:Ciao Cianca!
I'm Marco Dallabrida, living in Trento (I speak to you in english so everybody can understand), I'm glad to find a member of the "intelligence" of old Gilera's staff.
I have 4 Gilera RC 600 that I love, but I've notoiced that you did not work on off road models, isn't it?
Ciao and congratulatons for your work!
Ciao Marco

thanks for the intelligence, but I can assure you that at that time we was so "crazy"...... but all the team had a tremendous skill!

Congratulation for so many RC of yours...seems you have an illness for it!.....Great!!

yes, you're right: I was more directly (means with pencil and drafting board.....CAD was still unknown word) involved on road vehicle design, but as per RC second generation I followed the development because since end of 1989 I had the responsibility of all frame and body design group inside Gilera R&D.

see you next time.

Cianca
CIANCA