In a similar way to my 202 thread, this thread will be about the 150 Autostrada discussed in this thread:viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8552
This is the beast itself:
engine # 104-7639
frame # 104-7639
These numbers perhaps suggest quite late production - 1970/1971 ??
Seat, muffler, carb are obviously 'wrong'. Original RH footpeg is just a cobbled up affair possibly to support the muffler. The carb will be an easy fix, since the carb fitted to the 202 is a UBF24BS (should be UBF22BS)......by a stroke of luck, an Australian ebay seller recently had a bare, new UB24BS2 carb body for sale very cheap (50AUD), which is the correct type for the 150, so I grabbed it and will transfer all the the needed parts over from the UBF24 carb. Some jets will need changing but not a big deal.
Other 'problems' I've found with the 150:
- rear mudguard is cracked in a couple of places. Repair should be possible.
- virtually all the original wiring is gone and been replaced by someone's very poor attempt at a rewire...this will be completely tossed and I'll make a new loom from scratch of need be
- ignition advance mechanism in the flywheel is very badly worn. This could present difficulties as I suspect new replacements will be hard to find.
- all cables (throttle, clutch, brake, tacho+speedo) need to be replaced.
- front headlamp shell has been modified to accept a Japanese lens, etc...12V !?!?
- tail light assembly appears to be Lucas brand...
The front wheel is also 'wrong'....if you look closely at the attached picture you can see that there is a speedo cable 'hole' in the RHS of the hub....but the speedo drive mechanism is actually in the rear wheel (same for the 202) and the cable is still there. The front rim is chrome steel and has these markings:
1.4 x 17
While the rear wheel also has a chrome steel rim, which has these markings:
Made in Italy
WM1 1.6 x 17
Looks like the rear wheel is 'original', but not so for the front.
[sigh] Such is the restoration game......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.