150 Sport rocker cover

Das Forum für Oldtimer
Bulletin Board for vintage bikes

Moderator: Joachim

ivor
Reisschuessel-Liebhaber

150 Sport rocker cover

Post by ivor » Wed May 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi, does anyone know if there should be a small rubber '0' ring on the engine bolt that carries the oil feed to the rocker shaft ? It is not shown on the parts book I have. The hole in the cover is bigger than the top of the shaft, so I cannot see how the oil would get to the oil feed gallery.
Cheers, Tony.

ivor
Reisschuessel-Liebhaber

Re: 150 Sport rocker cover

Post by ivor » Wed May 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Just looking at an online parts list that Uli has posted for the 125, I see that there is a different washer listed for that engine bolt. Is it a 'dowty' type with a rubber seal, or just an 'o' ring I wonder .........

rivera
Lachgastuner

Post by rivera » Sat May 31, 2014 2:57 pm

Hio Tony!
Here is another parts list for the 150:
http://www.rpw.it/Files/Gilera_G_150_Fi ... _serie.pdf
When you look at "Tavola No 2" Number 2 : it says 4 "rondelle" read washers for the four
enigne bolts. No extra type for the oil feeding bolt. I also did use a normal washer.
Be asure the hole in the bolt is free. Mine was blocked so I had to use a metal thread to clean it!
No oil no fun!
Cheers
Uli

ivor
Reisschuessel-Liebhaber

Post by ivor » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi Uli,
yes, the bolt is clear, and oil flows freely up, but I do not see how it will be persuaded to go up into the cover and onto the rocker feed.

Ah, wait one moment, I have just been out to the workshop and compared the two different rocker covers I have. The one I was going to use has a larger hole than the size of the top of the oil feed bolt, the other is the same size ! I will now need to clean up the other rocker cover and use it ! This is the problem when using parts from two different dismantled engines to build one good motor !!

Cheers, Tony.