giubileo red

Das Forum für Oldtimer
Bulletin Board for vintage bikes

Moderator: Joachim

siatamm
Angstbremser

giubileo red

Post by siatamm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:54 am

Does anyone know how to find a paint match for a Giubileo? In photos it appears to be an orange red.

thanks,

Peter

Nozem
Gileristi

Re: giubileo red

Post by Nozem » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi Peter,

I think I can help you on this one. A company named Lechler in Austria was one of the original paint suppliers for Gilera.
They are still in business today and can supply you with the right paint color, based on the original color codes.
Check out http://www.lechler.eu/on-line/Home/Area ... 0.8.1.html for their free download section *thumb*

The document named "Registro Ufficiale Tinte Moto Storiche Lechler-ASI" gives the highlights of color codes for many classic motorcycles.
Gilera used many different red colors on their bikes. In "Color index Refinish 2012" you will find more details for Gilera on page 315 and 316.

According to this index Gilera used two red/orange colors on the 98 series:
GIL 16 ROSSO ARANCIO for the regular giubileo 98 and
GIL 4A ROSSO ARANCIO for the giubileo 98 sei giorni

You will need GIL A7 AVORIO GIUBILEO or GIL 2 BIANCO 124 EXTRA for the white paint, I am not sure which one is the right one.
The original black color on your bike can be found in the index too: GIL A9 NERO LUCIDO 90323

Good luck!
Nozem rulez

siatamm
Angstbremser

Post by siatamm » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi Nozem,

Once again you have come up with some great help. I'm going to my local paint supplier tomorrow to see if they can supply this paint or a color match.

Thanks so much,

Peter

Nozem
Gileristi

Post by Nozem » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Hello Peter,

I found some more information about your bike on the Italian classic Gilera forum at http://www.motoclub-tingavert.it/t353514s.html.
It is all in Italian but lucky for us there is something called Google Translator nowadays giggle .

There is lots of discussion on the Italian forum which white color to use on classic Gileras.
One of the members matched his NOS 98 tank to a Lancia color: BIANCO SARATOGA 63.
I am curious if your painter can match the white paint on your tank to something regular?

Attached is a picture of a well conserved Gilera 98 seigiorni road version in orange/red.

Nozem rulez
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nozem
Gileristi

Post by Nozem » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:58 pm

HI Peter,

I am very curious about the progress you made on your sei giorni project?
Recently I found an ad for a fuel tank with the orange and white color scheme.
This might help your painter to get it as close to the original as possible.
Check it out here at http://www.kijiji.it/annunci/ricambi-e- ... a/31593610

Good luck!
Nozem rulez