Giubileo 'rainbow' stripes ?

Das Forum für Oldtimer
Bulletin Board for vintage bikes

Moderator: Joachim

lambs
Fussrasten-hoeher-Leger

Giubileo 'rainbow' stripes ?

Post by lambs » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:29 am

Does anyone have pictures of the original 'rainbow' stripes used on the fuel tanks of Gilera 202 Super and Giubileo 175 (and probably other models) ?

Images I've found by searching show different versions, see the examples below. The red arrow indicates the 'rainbow' stripe (the yellow arrow shows a 'gap' in the stripe probably meaning that it's not original). Notice that the yellow part of the 'rainbow' is in a completely different place in the 'rainbow' in these examples.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lambs
Fussrasten-hoeher-Leger

Re: Giubileo 'rainbow' stripes ?

Post by lambs » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:31 am

Yet again the 'system' won't upload images correctly :( This is the other one that showed in preview OK for the first post :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nozem
Gileristi

Post by Nozem » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:08 am

Hi Lambs,

Funny that you want to know more about the rainbow stripes. I happen to know a bit or two about the subject as I have just finished the restauration of my own Gilera 202 Super. And I really wanted to get the rainbow stripes exactly right. giggle

The rainbow stripes are unique for the Gilera 175 Super and Gilera 202 Super. The colors from top down are blue-red-black-yellow-green. The stripes should start from the Gilera 8 logo on until the white kneepad. So the picture in your first post is correct. For some years there was only a (too) short version of these stripes available on the market, which explains picture number two.

Nozem rulez

lambs
Fussrasten-hoeher-Leger

Post by lambs » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:27 am

Wow, lovely bike...congratulations *thumb*

Dare I ask where you got the correct decals/transfers ?

Nozem
Gileristi

Post by Nozem » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi Lambs,

I bought my set of decals at a classic bike fair in Italy. Especially the rainbow stripes are hard to find. There are a few online sellers that I can recommend, but I am not sure if they have the rainbow stripes for sale:

http://www.olimpiaparts.eu/it/prodotti- ... ivi-gilera
http://www.vintagetransfers.it

Some hints: For the rainbow stripses make sure that you get the long ones, some of the decals offered are too short. The 202 Super decals are also available in 2 sizes. You need the smaller size decals to fit on the white horizontal bar. See below a late model Gilera 202 with the larger size decals. The 202 Super decals are not identical on the left and the right side of the fuel tank. The left side reads "202 Super", the right side reads "Super 202".

Nozem rulez