new phm 40 ns fitted

Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

garagien
Gileristi

Re: new phm 40 ns fitted

Postby garagien » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:59 am

mix screw out gives more air. If your engine is warmed up you open your screw by 1 turn, start engine, if you turn out screw slowly you will notice that engine speed gous up to a certain opening point in which speed kept in same range. Return screw by 1/4 and this is the correct opening of the mixing screw.

It seems that you are on the right way.

HP

Husky
Choke-Zieher

Postby Husky » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:52 pm

Thank you HP I will use that method.
Regards Tom

garagien
Gileristi

Postby garagien » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:38 pm

reading my own rubbish I would not understand either *deibel*
Turning out the air screw and rising the revs of the engine, of course you have to correct in parallel the vertical stop of the Piston to reduce speed down (the bigger screw besides the idle screw). If you find a Balance your engine will work with a very slow plop, plop, plop.
Turn up revs to your idle Speed which you like .
Best is if you have a screw Driver with Long shaft, this is the most important "Special" tool for the Saturno.

HP

Husky
Choke-Zieher

Postby Husky » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Hello again sorry been off so long didn t see ur answer. I never saw rubbish just a little walkaround regarding the mixscrew direction some posts back :wink: . It runs fine now my bike, but have a feel that it could do with a slightly bigger main jet after some highway testing and feeling. mine is 138 (I think standard German). Im still very curious what muffle end size the italian ..or German are. Following Joakims measure method mine is Italian, but my fingers are a bit small. Anyway the exhaust opening measured 2.6 cm..or one inch.
Best Regards
Tom

Joachim
Gileristi

Postby Joachim » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:54 am

send pics ;)
The exhaust looks italian.
Did you check the rubber at the inlet side of the air box?
If that's also 'italian' you should better switch to the italian jetting

ciao Joachim

Husky
Choke-Zieher

Postby Husky » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:53 pm

Thx for answer Joachim. All of the small squares are open . The previous owner is unfortunatly dead long ago , but he was known to fiddle with things. I might have got the bike during a changover . ( he fiddled a lot with the original carb but still had 38 mainjet.)
Former owner was Jon ødegaard in action here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkiveot7O5U
maybe you guys even heard about him :).
My feel for it going a bit lean still is not very scientific but I played with choke on long uphills on highway. got some experience from feeling on fuelmix with small arirplanes, but the gileras choke doesnt seem to alter airinlet. In fact I have no idea how it works :oops:
Best regards Tom

Return to “gileraclub.de-Classic english, french, italian language”