106ss parts

Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

Clutch
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

106ss parts

Post by Clutch » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:44 am

I just was given one and the motor is stuck. So I want to take it apart and wanted to know if I can still get new parts for it? gaskets,piston rings,etc?

Thanx...Clutch

Nozem
Gileristi

Re: 106ss parts

Post by Nozem » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi Clutch,

A warm welcome to this forum! For as far as I know the Gilera 106ss was an exclusive model for the USA market and never sold in Europe. But anyone please correct me if I am wrong about that :?: Technically the 106 is very closely related to the Gilera 98 and 124 giubileo. Many parts are interchangeable, just check for the partnumbers you need. On http://www.rpw.it you can download a lot of Gilera manuals for free *thumb* . Parts for the 98 and 124 are still widely available in Europe. But I am afraid that for specific 106 gaskets and piston rings you are dependent of NOS parts offered on eBay and Craigslist. By the way, there is an active Yahoo group about the 106, have you already checked with them? http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gilera106/

Greetings,
Nozem rulez

Clutch
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Post by Clutch » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Thank you for the welcome and the info. I did not know the 106ss was just a US inport. So I guess parts are hard to come by. I would like to know if the 124 cylinder would work. I would not mind going up to 124 but still would lok at te 98 if the bigger size would not work. So I guess the ? is are the head & cases the same or not. Can anyone anwser that?

Thanx again...Clutch

Nozem
Gileristi

Post by Nozem » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi Clutch, according to the parts manuals that I have got only the rocker covers are identical. So that should be quite a gamble I guess :shock:
Mister Bill Murar can tell you more about the subject for sure. He is a well known expert in the USA on Sears/Allstate machines.
You can find his contact information at the Yahoo group mentioned above, and a list of available NOS parts for your 106 too :o .
Have you already disassembled the stuck engine and do you know which parts you need? Because I noticed there are some Gilera/Sears 106 parts offered on ebay USA at the moment.
A famous address in Italy for pistons and rings is "The king of pistons" giggle Check http://www.thekingofpiston.com/ for more info.

Good luck!
Nozem rulez

Clutch
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Post by Clutch » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi Nozem,

Thanx again for the info! I will try to find Bill and get more info before I do anything. So no gambling till I know more. I did start to take it apart and good news, the motor was not(kick starter is), but the bad news it has no comprection. So it will at least need top end. It looks like I will be trying to grt intouch with the king of pistons.

On another note, are you from holland? I thought I saw it say dutch on your profile. If so could you tell me anything motocycle kind of cool I might be able to check in your country? It looks like I might be going there this November with my wife and I was looking for things to see. My wife is being sent there for work so I will be just hanging out during the days. Can not hurt to ask.

Thanx...Clutch

Nozem
Gileristi

Post by Nozem » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Clutch,

I have send you a PM with a nice list of car and bike museums in the Netherlands!
Most of them can be found here: http://www.conam.info/conam-links/links

Greetings,
Nozem rulez