Hey guys, NEED HELP

Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

JFK3_3
Angstbremser
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby JFK3_3 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:21 am

Hello to all,

I have been trying for the last century to make my Gilera CX to work.
Unfortunately the mechanics around me are... not skilled enough and i cant find a way to solve this issue and maybe here and myslef with your help, i might resolve the issue.

Does someone here has a Gilera CX 125?
Can you please be so kind and take a picture of the connections (wiring) of the key switch? without rubbers so i can see it!
I had to re-create the wiring from scratch and even following the official diagram, i cant understand how to connect this part and,
the module of spark plug does not give the electrical signal even receiving the energy from motoplat magneto, and I HAVE THIS FEELING that might be this wiring connection in the key switch.
Obviously, if someone can also provide some suggestions I appreciate that.

Greetings, Jorge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Joachim
Gileristi
Posts: 8195
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:10 pm
Location: Zweibrücken bzw. Landau/Pfalz
Contact:

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby Joachim » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:11 am

JFK3_3 wrote: i cant understand how to connect this part and,
the module of spark plug does not give the electrical signal even receiving the energy from motoplat magneto,


You know that the ignition box is *not* this little black box under the seat giggle
I think i can take some pics of my GFR at the weekend. Hope this is the same as on your CX. Luigi usually did some 'recycling' with a lot of the parts of all those litttle 125ccm bikes.
But i also think you will see two white plugs like on your pic.
What would you like to see?
The colours of the wires going into this plugs?
The wiring sheme should tell you the colours on every side of the plugs i think.
Or how the wires are connected to the ignition switchs rearside?

ciao Joachim
Image

JFK3_3
Angstbremser
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby JFK3_3 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:04 am

Joachim wrote:
JFK3_3 wrote: i cant understand how to connect this part and,
the module of spark plug does not give the electrical signal even receiving the energy from motoplat magneto,


You know that the ignition box is *not* this little black box under the seat giggle
I think i can take some pics of my GFR at the weekend. Hope this is the same as on your CX. Luigi usually did some 'recycling' with a lot of the parts of all those litttle 125ccm bikes.
But i also think you will see two white plugs like on your pic.
What would you like to see?
The colours of the wires going into this plugs?
The wiring sheme should tell you the colours on every side of the plugs i think.
Or how the wires are connected to the ignition switchs rearside?

ciao Joachim


ciao,

when i say ignition box im speaking about the key switch. I dont know what you mean by little box under the seat and if this has something to do with the problem in the sparking.

In the wiring squeme all 4 colors are connected in this key switch but, in reality, and after checking carefully, i have a hunch that the truth is that the black cable should be disconnected and isolated. what i say maybe doenst sound very smart but i need to compare it with an existing same motorcycle... to be sure! Also to confirm is connections are ok and to figure it out why i have no sparking... even everything looks working correctly.

waiting for your tips or anyone else with many Thanks,

User avatar
Joachim
Gileristi
Posts: 8195
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:10 pm
Location: Zweibrücken bzw. Landau/Pfalz
Contact:

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby Joachim » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:58 pm

ok i will try what pictures i can do.
But not before the weekend.
Sorry :(

ciao Joachim
Image

JFK3_3
Angstbremser
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby JFK3_3 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Joachim wrote:ok i will try what pictures i can do.
But not before the weekend.
Sorry :(

ciao Joachim


Thank you Joachim!!!

Its a SHAME that there is not even one CX 125 owner that can reply to this thread... :(

geert pardon
Gileristi
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:14 pm
Location: 2540 hove; belgium

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby geert pardon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:30 pm

I think the problem is : there are not so much cx owners :roll:
Gileragreetings....geert

JFK3_3
Angstbremser
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby JFK3_3 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:40 pm

geert pardon wrote:I think the problem is : there are not so much cx owners :roll:
Gileragreetings....geert


I know 3 already but they have not original connections... and key switch, also the wiring was already modified by previous owners...

Maybe the german Mr. Hahne (geert) could help me... ;) with some tip, cause i believe you must know plenty of this! :D

JFK3_3
Angstbremser
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby JFK3_3 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:59 pm

ok, just to help in this case of total despair... im adding some pics.

Also to tell how more details:

There are 4 wires in this connection, RED, LIGHT BLUE, BLACK and RED/BLACK.

In the diagram,
LIGHT BLUE(1) and BLACK(2) are connected in the OFF section
RED(3) and RED/BLACK(4) in ON section

I have tried to recreate this connection in to this new key switch... and no results. (photo attached)
Obvious that even there is connection on the moto (+ and -), i made measuring to find or figure it out the correct places t connect.
If someone knows something about his kind of cheap switches please leave a comment...

Maybe the problem is not in here but i have to confirm with you guys, you personal experience and suggestions.

Once again help and thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JFK3_3
Angstbremser
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby JFK3_3 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:14 pm

sorry the double post but forgot the wiring diagram... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Joachim
Gileristi
Posts: 8195
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:10 pm
Location: Zweibrücken bzw. Landau/Pfalz
Contact:

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby Joachim » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:04 am

nice wiring diagram. Where did you get it from?
The GFR manual has no extra wiring diagramm, so it seems to be the same wiring as the CX, Crono ...
As you have different colours could you check which of your colour correspondents to the colour in the diagramm.
Blue and black is easy. It's just a switch which shortcuts the ignition signal from the pickup in the alternator (see also the engine stop switch beside).
the red/black wire commes from the batterie and connects all the electric things to voltage when switching ignition on.
As the colours did not match you may take a ohmmeter to find out where the wires go to see what colour is yours.
What tends to be a little problem.... the switch only has 3 connectors.
The diagram shows 4?
I cann ot imagine how this should work with the wirings shown in the diagramm.
Maybe Luigi has changed something and has forgotten to change the diagramm :(
I will have a look at my GFR at home.

ciao joachim
Image

JFK3_3
Angstbremser
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby JFK3_3 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Joachim wrote:nice wiring diagram. Where did you get it from?
The GFR manual has no extra wiring diagramm, so it seems to be the same wiring as the CX, Crono ...
As you have different colours could you check which of your colour correspondents to the colour in the diagramm.
Blue and black is easy. It's just a switch which shortcuts the ignition signal from the pickup in the alternator (see also the engine stop switch beside).
the red/black wire commes from the batterie and connects all the electric things to voltage when switching ignition on.
As the colours did not match you may take a ohmmeter to find out where the wires go to see what colour is yours.
What tends to be a little problem.... the switch only has 3 connectors.
The diagram shows 4?
I cann ot imagine how this should work with the wirings shown in the diagramm.
Maybe Luigi has changed something and has forgotten to change the diagramm :(
I will have a look at my GFR at home.

ciao joachim


I have made a total new wiring from this squeme.
I bought a new key switch and i have tried to connect like it is on squeme (check new photo)
once, all the parts are working in other motos, and the electricity gets to alternator and impulsator send signals to spark plug module, i have started to recheck all possible mistakes or inconsistencies. By curiosity, both motorcycles from different owners had the black cable isolated and not connected to ket switch, but now that i cant put my bike running, i have this suspicious and i hope the problem is here so i can fix this for good :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

geert pardon
Gileristi
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:14 pm
Location: 2540 hove; belgium

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby geert pardon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 pm

I know this sounds stupid :oops: but did you check your fuses yet.
Once I had an electric problem which I couldn't find and after all I was only a fuse.
Gileragreetings....geert

User avatar
Joachim
Gileristi
Posts: 8195
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:10 pm
Location: Zweibrücken bzw. Landau/Pfalz
Contact:

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby Joachim » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:23 pm

geert pardon wrote:Once I had an electric problem which I couldn't find and after all I was only a fuse.


And it's agood idea to replace the fuse or to measure if it's really ok.
Sometimes you can not see that it's broken.
Hi Christian;)

ciao joachim
Image

JFK3_3
Angstbremser
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby JFK3_3 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 am

Joachim wrote:
geert pardon wrote:Once I had an electric problem which I couldn't find and after all I was only a fuse.


And it's agood idea to replace the fuse or to measure if it's really ok.
Sometimes you can not see that it's broken.
Hi Christian;)

ciao joachim


Thanks guys, but there is only a fuse that i know, near the battery, and because i was always burning them to remake the new connection and testing while putting the new key switch, i have created a bypass.
After seeing that there was no more problems with connections to key switch (no sparking flames, hehe) i swap the fuse for a bypass with copper wire. And im sure that this "fuse" will not get problems of passage.

Anyway, if you know where might have another fuse in this moto, please let me know. I almost know this moto up side down, and also in the wiring squeme there is no more fuses than this one i already mentioned.

Thanks again for reading my whining... :D

geert pardon
Gileristi
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:14 pm
Location: 2540 hove; belgium

Re: Hey guys, NEED HELP

Postby geert pardon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:16 pm

Strange, my fuses are on the right side (if you stand behind the bike) near the cdi box and not on the side of the battery.
Gileragreetings....geert


Return to “gileraclub.de-Classic english, french, italian language”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron