Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

jyric
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Saturno lower cooling tube blocked?

Post by jyric » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:20 am

Hello fellow Gileristi!

I had to change the lower cooling tube from my Saturno 500 yearmodel 1989. The tube is the one that comes from the right side of the engine (head) to the left side of the engine (cylinder).

** I noticed that the original tube was blocked? **

Does anyone else have similar set-up? Is this from factory or has someof the previous owners done this modification?
Why is the tube blocked?

Regards
Jyri / Finland

Joachim
Gileristi

Re: Saturno lower cooling tube blocked?

Post by Joachim » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:01 pm

jyric wrote:** I noticed that the original tube was blocked? **
what exactly was it what has blockked the tube?
Maybe someone has used some kind of liquid cooling sealant.
Just a thought

ciao joachim

carlos
Reisschuessel-Liebhaber

Post by carlos » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Do you mean the little tube ho goes from head to the thermosthat in waterpump?

Can you put a pick?

If you talk of this tube, this is for returns the water from the pump while the thermostat is close when is cold. If it isn´t, the presure can damage the sistem.

It´s open in thermosthat when is cold and close when is hot for goes the water for normal circuit.

May be the thermosthat is blocked...

But if out of bike, when there are nothing in 2 ends, does not free, you have a problem inside of the tube.

May be someone had take off the thermosthat (because it´s broken when it´s old) and blocked the tube for can not goes the wather ( remember that this is the correct circuit in hot) and the sistem can goes correct whitout thermosthat.

Can you understand or I put so many things ????

I write so many things....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jyric
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Post by jyric » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:44 pm

carlos wrote:Do you mean the little tube ho goes from head to the thermosthat in waterpump?

Can you put a pick?

If you talk of this tube, this is for returns the water from the pump while the thermostat is close when is cold. If it isn´t, the presure can damage the sistem.

It´s open in thermosthat when is cold and close when is hot for goes the water for normal circuit.

May be the thermosthat is blocked...

But if out of bike, when there are nothing in 2 ends, does not free, you have a problem inside of the tube.

May be someone had take off the thermosthat (because it´s broken when it´s old) and blocked the tube for can not goes the wather ( remember that this is the correct circuit in hot) and the sistem can goes correct whitout thermosthat.

Can you understand or I put so many things ????

I write so many things....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you very much for your answers!

There is aproximately diameter 16 mm piece of steel bar on the pipe which goes from the head to the thermostat.

I haven't opened thermostat cover yet so I don't know if there is one anymore. But I assume there isn't, otherwise there would be serious problems when the engine is cold.

I have bought this bike for little time ago and I haven't ridden it at all yet.

I have to check the condition of the thermostat. I allready replaced the little pipe with new on without blocking inside.

It is really exciting to find this kind of things from old bike... otherwise my Saturno is nearly in perfect condition.

Thank you for answers!