Gilera XR1 125, 1988!!!! Trovata!!!! Finally!!!!

Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

User avatar
Müller
Gileristi
Posts: 923
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Müller » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:26 am

gileraXR1 wrote:Ahahahaha! :lol:
Yes it's true! Do not fax in english!
I've send my fax in italian, Mr. Frigerio call me just now!
Well..... Some plastics parts and all engine and mechanical spare parts. Quite good! *thumb*

Marco
Hey Marco,

I tried to contact Mr. Frigerio a few mounth ago - but I got no ansers on mails...

Can You check, if he still has parts for GILERA RC600, I am searching for the Rallye Kit from 1990 with large Fueltank...?

Would be great,

Christoph
Rock on... *RCR

Image

User avatar
gileraXR1
Gileristi
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Arona (No) - ITALIA

Post by gileraXR1 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:52 am

deana wrote:HIa Marco, I did get some manuals from [url]ttp://www.motomanuali.com[/url] but I waas hoping for something more like a Clymers, or Haynes I suppose :cry: or anything in English :lol:

Good to see that you are getting sorted too :wink:
Hi!
On May the 5th & 6th, there is a car/bike restored expo in Novegro, near Milan Linate Airport.... look at this:
http://www.parcoesposizioninovegro.it/m ... index.html

I'll try to find something about KK..... :shock:

Have a nice day!

Marco

User avatar
hahne
Gileristi
Posts: 2873
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:12 am
Location: Aussernzell
Contact:

Post by hahne » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:24 am

..or 28th/29th April Piacenca. Bye Gottfried

User avatar
gileraXR1
Gileristi
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Arona (No) - ITALIA

Post by gileraXR1 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:45 pm

hahne wrote:..or 28th/29th April Piacenca. Bye Gottfried
Yessss! In Piacenza! :D

Bye!

User avatar
gileraXR1
Gileristi
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Arona (No) - ITALIA

Post by gileraXR1 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Müller wrote:
gileraXR1 wrote:Ahahahaha! :lol:
Yes it's true! Do not fax in english!
I've send my fax in italian, Mr. Frigerio call me just now!
Well..... Some plastics parts and all engine and mechanical spare parts. Quite good! *thumb*

Marco
Hey Marco,

I tried to contact Mr. Frigerio a few mounth ago - but I got no ansers on mails...

Can You check, if he still has parts for GILERA RC600, I am searching for the Rallye Kit from 1990 with large Fueltank...?

Would be great,

Christoph
Well, I think that there are no problems!
I must to call Mr. Frigerio next week about my XR1.
I'll ask him about these parts of your RC600! :shock:

At soon!

Marco

User avatar
hahne
Gileristi
Posts: 2873
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:12 am
Location: Aussernzell
Contact:

Post by hahne » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:17 pm

Hi XR1, possible to meet us in Piacenca?? I have a white Ford Transit with letters: Hahne-Power! Bye Gottfried

User avatar
Müller
Gileristi
Posts: 923
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Müller » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:16 pm

gileraXR1 wrote: I'll ask him about these parts of your RC600! :shock:
*deibel* rock on - would be great *yahoo* *thumb*
Rock on... *RCR

Image

User avatar
gileraXR1
Gileristi
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Arona (No) - ITALIA

Post by gileraXR1 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:17 pm

hahne wrote:Hi XR1, possible to meet us in Piacenca?? I have a white Ford Transit with letters: Hahne-Power! Bye Gottfried
Hi Gottfried!
Well... but you already meet me! 8)
We meet ourselves about a Gilera CX, in october 2005.
Do you remember?
Since that moment I've begun to look for a Gilera XR1...... :shock:

I don't know if I'll be there in Piacenza.... but sure in Novegro! :D

At soon.

Marco

User avatar
gileraXR1
Gileristi
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Arona (No) - ITALIA

Post by gileraXR1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:15 am

Flash-news.......
I have taken apart carburetor from my XR1..... :roll:
I can believe it!
The 17 years old fuel (and oil), now evaporated, completely blocked gas valve into the body of carburetor!!!!! :shock:
It's 3 days that the carburator it's flooded into new fuel but... nothing!!!!
I've been forced to cut the cable of throttle to transport carburator in a small basin with fuel.....
Some suggestion? :cry:

Thanks everybody

Marco
Gilera XR1 125 Blue/W
Gilera XR1 125 Red/W
KTM EXC 450
Garelli Vip3 N
Honda CRM 125

User avatar
bded
Angstbremser
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:43 pm

Post by bded » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:43 am

gileraXR1 wrote:Flash-news.......
I have taken apart carburetor from my XR1..... :roll:
I can believe it!
The 17 years old fuel (and oil), now evaporated, completely blocked gas valve into the body of carburetor!!!!! :shock:
It's 3 days that the carburator it's flooded into new fuel but... nothing!!!!
I've been forced to cut the cable of throttle to transport carburator in a small basin with fuel.....
Some suggestion? :cry:
Marco
Instead of fuel try with acetone.

User avatar
gileraXR1
Gileristi
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Arona (No) - ITALIA

Post by gileraXR1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:14 am

bded wrote:
gileraXR1 wrote:Flash-news.......
I have taken apart carburetor from my XR1..... :roll:
I can believe it!
The 17 years old fuel (and oil), now evaporated, completely blocked gas valve into the body of carburetor!!!!! :shock:
It's 3 days that the carburator it's flooded into new fuel but... nothing!!!!
I've been forced to cut the cable of throttle to transport carburator in a small basin with fuel.....
Some suggestion? :cry:
Marco
Instead of fuel try with acetone.
Uhmmmm.....
Acetone......
Good idea! I'll try to use it! *idea*
But acetone melts plastics and rubber parts.....
I'll must to be very careful.... :?
Ok! Thank you very much!
:wink:
Marco
Last edited by gileraXR1 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gilera XR1 125 Blue/W
Gilera XR1 125 Red/W
KTM EXC 450
Garelli Vip3 N
Honda CRM 125

User avatar
gileraXR1
Gileristi
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Arona (No) - ITALIA

Post by gileraXR1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:38 pm

gileraXR1 wrote:
bded wrote:
gileraXR1 wrote:Flash-news.......
I have taken apart carburetor from my XR1..... :roll:
I can believe it!
The 17 years old fuel (and oil), now evaporated, completely blocked gas valve into the body of carburetor!!!!! :shock:
It's 3 days that the carburator it's flooded into new fuel but... nothing!!!!
I've been forced to cut the cable of throttle to transport carburetor in a small basin with fuel.....
Some suggestion? :cry:
Marco
Instead of fuel try with acetone.
Uhmmmm.....
Acetone......
Good idea! I'll try to use it! *idea*
But acetone melts plastics and rubber parts.....
I'll must to be very careful.... :?
Ok! Thank you very much!
:wink:
Marco
I think that this topic have a kind of magic..... :wink:
Et voilà!!! :lol:
Try and try and pull and push..... finally gas valve exit from carburetor!!! PLOPPPPP!!!!! *yahoo*
Very cool! *victory*

Ciao

Marco
Gilera XR1 125 Blue/W
Gilera XR1 125 Red/W
KTM EXC 450
Garelli Vip3 N
Honda CRM 125

User avatar
gileraXR1
Gileristi
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Arona (No) - ITALIA

Post by gileraXR1 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:30 am

Restoration flash news!!!! :wink:
I've find:
- new fork seals in England (by eBay);
- new hands-guard, wind shield, double cable throttle, chain pulling and chain slide in Sicily (by eBay);
What a lucky man!!! :D
And we go!
*yahoo*

Ciao!

Marco
Gilera XR1 125 Blue/W
Gilera XR1 125 Red/W
KTM EXC 450
Garelli Vip3 N
Honda CRM 125

User avatar
gileraXR1
Gileristi
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Arona (No) - ITALIA

Post by gileraXR1 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:15 pm

Saturday news!
Well.... yesterday I've started to work on water pump.....
One hour to unscrew the three bolts..... :shock:
A lot of rust I think.... But finally pump has been taken apart! *victory*
Exaust and silencer too, now are "sleeping" in a box....
Next days I want to take the piston in my hands !!!! *deibel*

New photos update!

http://www.bikepics.com/members/margaf4u4/88xr1125/

Bye!

Marco
Last edited by gileraXR1 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gilera XR1 125 Blue/W
Gilera XR1 125 Red/W
KTM EXC 450
Garelli Vip3 N
Honda CRM 125

User avatar
hahne
Gileristi
Posts: 2873
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:12 am
Location: Aussernzell
Contact:

Post by hahne » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:28 pm

Sorry, I was not to be able to visit Piacenca, so I am ill; lot of pains on the back!
Next week I must visit bones-doc. Perhaps we meet us later! Imola = 1000% it`s a MUST!! Bye Gottfried

Post Reply