Performance kits available

Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

Alchemist
Angstbremser

Performance kits available

Post by Alchemist » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:50 pm

I have found the original distributor of Saturno's here in Australia has a number of performance cams and factory 560cc big bore kits available. His name is Ian Gowanloch and he used to own the large Ducati performance shop here in Sydney.

I have ordered one for my Saturno but thought others on the site might be interested. Reply to me with your details and I'll see how many we've got. Apparently he has plenty and only wants to cover his costs given that they were never officially imported here.

PS I am not making anything out of this just doing it as a favour. If anyone wants to translate into German or link to other Gilera sites... please feel free.

bcalloy
Gileristi

Post by bcalloy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:06 pm

High,
is it realy true?
If you have received the parts will you please discribe us the contents of this kit?

Thank you
Frank

Sei realistisch – plane ein Wunder! . . . . . . .

Joachim
Gileristi

Post by Joachim » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:31 pm

The so called big bore kit may turn out as a cylinder and a piston from the 600ccm engine :wink:

ciao Joachim

Alchemist
Angstbremser

Post by Alchemist » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:55 pm

I will take photos and give a description next week.

Monty
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Re: Performance kits available

Post by Monty » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:50 pm

Alchemist wrote:I have found the original distributor of Saturno's here in Australia has a number of performance cams and factory 560cc big bore kits available. His name is Ian Gowanloch and he used to own the large Ducati performance shop here in Sydney.

I have ordered one for my Saturno but thought others on the site might be interested. Reply to me with your details and I'll see how many we've got. Apparently he has plenty and only wants to cover his costs given that they were never officially imported here.

PS I am not making anything out of this just doing it as a favour. If anyone wants to translate into German or link to other Gilera sites... please feel free.
I already have the Nordwest barrel and piston on my Saturno, also gasflowed head with Nordwest/RC600 valves-would be interested in performance cams though if available, and anything else which may be applicable to a Saturno.

John

Alchemist
Angstbremser

Post by Alchemist » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:58 pm

OK, I forgot my camera :oops: but the parts are brand new. I can't read Italian very well but its a kit. Three graphs are shown, standard, one with the piston (571cc ?) and one with piston and cams. Strangely no markings on the vertical axis but it looks like at least a 15-20% difference in the peak of the graphs. I'll see if I can copy and scan so you'll know what I mean.

There are 4 NEW piston and cylinder kits (all with rings, gaskets etc....and 3 sets of cams. One is mine the rest are up for grabs.

I think the cost is $800-1000 AU approx for piston and cylinder kit and $500-600 for the cams. But if you are interested please tell me and I'll get a firm price. This doesn't include shipping obviously.

Monty
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Post by Monty » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:26 am

Could be interested in a set of cams at that price-engine is out of the bike currently as I am in the middle of a re-build after a cambelt failure-so I could delay putting it back in.

John