power valve solanoid?

Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

angelo
Angstbremser

power valve solanoid?

Post by angelo » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:54 pm

My present charging problems aside, I had a strange "short circuit" as the power vavle opens at about 7 or 8000 rpm, at this point the lights dim as if there was a short circuit but by 9000 are bright again ok, The bike seems to falter slightly as well, could the eletric solanoid that opens the valve be at fault? Has any one expirenced the same problem? I cleaned the carb and i was certain that the problem was better for a short distance but then the "short" came back as soon as the the bike had done 5 km. Maybe an early indication of a failing generator explanes both problems? As that seems to be at fault now.

thank you A
Gilera Apache 125

gileramad
Site Admin

Post by gileramad » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:54 pm

The holders for my regulator vibrated off the frame and the regulator had no contact to the frame. The result - no charging of the battery.

Effect - the whole electric was running on battery.

When the power-vale is activated the solenoid needs some power and the lights dim - when the battery is near empty the lights dim and the power valve keeps shut because there isn´t enough power for the solenoid but the bike keeps running until there istn´t enough power for the ingnition.

Maybe the regulator really is the cause of your problem - if that´s the case there´s cheap replacement waiting here ;)