Saturno 500

Forum für klassische und neue Gilera-Motorräder
Bulletin Board for classic and new Gilera-Motorcycles

Moderator: Joachim

roland
Tank-Reserve-Benutzer

Saturno 500

Post by roland » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:03 pm

:roll: Hello Roland Sweden. Sorry can`t write in german. The factory of Gilera recomend to change the cambelt in about 12000 km. I do not drive that much in a year,about 2000-3000. That´s about 5 years. Can I wait so long to change it? One more question:Can I drive on unleaded petrol or should I put in some additives? Roland
Love to Ride

Joachim
Gileristi

Post by Joachim » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:41 pm

It might be expenive if you don't change the timing belt from time to time :lol:
If the engine is standing a long time in the same position, the belt takes up the form of the belt drive. This may cause some troubble.... it breaks.
This is *not* good for your valves :wink:
So the cheaper solution is to change it. I would suggest.... every 3 or 4 years (?)
The better solution is.... to drive much more kilometers, so you wount care about time :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Saturno engine has no lead free valve seats.
I use Castrol TBE for mine. I think there are other brands out there. Buying it in scandinavia might be no problem.

ciao Joachim
Last edited by Joachim on Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucky_kuskus
Choke-Zieher

Post by lucky_kuskus » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:08 pm

Hi Roland,

Use the additives as recommended from Joachim or change to new seats.

About the belt I can say: my belt is about 3 years old and has 14000 kilometers.... and works :shock:

But be careful, you easily can distroy the engine with an old belt.
Be aware of the beltdevil :evil: ....and change it!!!! The right TOOLS for making it real, you can order at Joachim :lol:

Greetings
Rolf